Managing Intellectual Property‘s Global Trademark Forum takes place this Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
The all-day virtual event has approximately 200 attendees on average, from in-house trademark counsel, to law firms, and IP and brand protection vendors. This year’s event focuses on brand management and protection strategies, including online enforcement issues. Sessions include:
1. Evolving your brand management strategy
- Interplay between trademark and copyright law
- Licensing and commercialization opportunities
- Social media legal issues
2. Fighting Fakes and Infringers
- How to mitigate counterfeiting and remote enforcement solutions
- How blockchain and AI technologies can assist brand enforcement efforts
- Digitization and automation of trademarks using big date
3. Effectively Managing Trademark and Brand Enforcement
- How and where to register trademarks internationally
- How to effectively instruct foreign trademark associates
- When to litigate
The speakers for this event include a wide-variety of international trademark counsel, both in-house and law firms, as well and other brand protection technology and solutions providers. Scheduled speakers include:
- Diane Hamer, Head of Business and Legal Affairs Content and Brand Protection, BBC
- Lorraine Tay, Head of IP Group, Bird & Bird, Singapore
- Mary Carragher, Chief Counsel, Global Marketing and Media, Mondolez International
- Luna Zhang, Senior Counsel, Kangxin Partners, Bejing
- Zoe Martin, Brand Protection Consultant, Corsearch
This year’s forum will include opportunities for discussion and networking. Participants will also be given the opportunity to participate in Q&A’s live polling, and breakout sessions.
Editor’s Note: The use of AI and technology in brand management is top of mind for trademark professionals these days. I was a featured speaker in a similar CLE event that took place last month. The program was entitled Effective Brand Protection Strategy, A Comprehensive Guide for Companies, sponsored by The Knowledge Group.